[GeoStL] Re: cache

  • From: "Jen Guyer" <nyisutter@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 20 Jan 2003 09:25:23 -0600

Well, I know they did not archive it just because there was a CD inside. My
Cache at the Keeper was started with a CD that went with its theme. I think
they are probably questioning "legal". How did you get this sample? Did you
download if from someplace that specifically said you could share it? If so,
copy that info and send it to the Admin. They are good about reviewing
things with more information and changing their mind if they were wrong. Or
did you just copy a sound clip off the site? If so, that is not legal and
the admins have a right to protect the game by not knowingly promoting
illegal activity

Being friends with several recording artists, who struggle to make a dime
from the industry I am a big campaigner against helping onself to music for
free! Go buy a copy of the CD and stick it in the cache and try again! You
are more likely to attract people to your cache with the whole song anyway!
Anyone can go to the site themselves and listen to a sound clip.

And don't take it too personally. The Powers that Be are taking a very
serious look at most caches these days. It is not as easy as it once was to
get approved.

Jen

"Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is
wholly inadequate to the government of any other."
--John Adams