[GeoStL] Re: appropriate containers

  • From: Glenn <GLNash@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 21 Nov 2002 08:35:37 -0600

-
oh yea, i remember, once upon a time there was a cache called Greer Springs.http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?ID=11756 It was a nice cache 'till a government type found it. Then came the bomb sniffers, then the meth fighters and who knows just who else they called down into the woods before it was all over but i hear they had a heck of a crowd down there to take a look at this ammo box. They took it away to further investigate the matter.

i never did get my ammo box back.

glenn

At 02:07 PM 11/21/2002 +0000, P ekey wrote:

-

The trend away from ammo boxes is a sign of the times, I'm afraid. People want to know what is inside these containers, particularly when they stumble across them unexpectedly. Transparent sides allow them to safely inspect the contents without calling the bomb squad.

Pam E. (Tribble 157)

From: Geocachette@xxxxxxx
To: geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [GeoStL] appropriate containers
Date: Wed, 20 Nov 2002 22:46:50 EST

<A HREF="mailto:jkinder@xxxxxxxxxxxx";>jkinder@xxxxxxxxxxxx</A> wrote:

"- appropriate containers for hiding your own cache (e.g., trend towards not
using ammo boxes)"

HI ,

I wondered about this.  I just received a note from another geocacher that I
needed to use an ammo box.  I also read that in other countries that this is
frowned upon because W.W.I & W.W.II artifacts and old mines are occasionally
still found.  What would the rational be for not using ammo boxes in the
states?

geocachette

Glenn
St. Louis, Mo