[GeoStL] Zip and Eat event-

  • From: "Richard Sheffold" <GC-RGS@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "freelist" <geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 21 Jun 2010 20:38:03 -0500

-
As some of you may know, Meramec Caverns (60 miles west on I-44 in Stanton, MO)
has recently open a zipline called Caveman Zipline.
You can see their website here: http://www.cavemanzipline.com/
Charlotte and I went out today and talked to them about group rates as a SLAGA
event. Here's the story:

Regular price is $49 for adults (13 and older); kids (10-12) are $39.
For a group of 10 or more our price would be $25 each (adults and children), 10
is the magic number as there are no more price breaks with a larger group.

Minimum age is 10 and weight limit is 80-270 pounds. Shorts are OK but you must
wear tennis shoes. Helmets and everything needed are furnished, in addition to
an orientation and a short 20' zipline about 5' high for instructions and a dry
run. Normal total time with orientation and the ride is about 80 minutes. This
could increase based on how many are interested.

There are 4 separate zipline rides and connected by 3 swinging rope bridges
connecting the 8 towers. Total distance is about 3000 feet at speeds up to
50MPH. Longest zipline is about 1200 feet. The ride starts at a tower in the
parking lot by the cave and crosses the Meramec and stops at a tower across the
river. Continuing the ride and using the rope bridges will bring you back to
the final tower on the cave parking lot.

We watched a group of 5 or 6 take their first ride and it sure looks like fun.

There is a "chicken chaser boat" for those that don't want to go any farther
than the first tower (scared, not fast enough or high enough, or whatever
reason). However, there are no refunds once the orientation has started.

Once reservations and deposits are made, the $25 ride is limited to those with
reservations. Late signups or same day walkups  pay the full price.

Since July and August are filling up fast, we've decided on Sat. July 31 or
Sat. Aug.7. Hours are 9AM to 6PM.

At the cave there is a restaurant and St. Clair and Sullivan have lots of fast
food restaurants. There are no restaurants in Stanton.

So let us know what you think of this idea and we can get it rolling. I'll talk
with Glenn since this includes eating, so hopefully he'll approve it as a
caching event.

Rich and Charlotte

from this