[GeoStL] Re: You catch more flies with honey, than vinegar

  • From: Dan Henke <thunder_monk@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 30 Dec 2005 08:17:39 -0800 (PST)

-
To all my friends and future friends in SLAGA,

  First I would like to apologize publicly to Paul and all the past  officers
for the rather ill worded email I sent a month or so ago  regarding paying dues
in SLAGA. It was not my intention to malign  anyone I was just voicing my
opinion regarding becoming a dues paying  organization and I spoke rather
rashly and did not express myself very  clearly. SLAGA is a fantastic
organization and I support it 110%....I  am still debating paying dues but if
that is what everyone else wants  and thinks is necessary then I will send mine
in as well.  I  included this here because I found out later that some of the
reaction  I got to my email came from it hitting the website at the same time
as  the subject of this email. Made me understand more and I took a hard  look
at what I wrote and then apologized for it.

  Secondly, I agree with the opinions I have seen expressed so far....an
organization cannot and should not be held responsible for the actions  of it's
individual members....each of us has opinions and beliefs that  may be
different from those of others in the organization and we also  have a right to
express and live by them.
  Jim if you disagreed with what was being said then you should have  talked
with that individual and not blame an entire organization for  it. I have met a
LOT of the members of SLAGA and for the most part I  have found them to be a
great bunch of human beings and for the most  part  very very tolerant  and it
is far from a hotbed of  racism and intolerance and for you to  make that claim
is absurd  and ridiculous.

  Lastly, I would like to point out that  while racism  etc is  boorish and
crude and not  "politically correct" . This is a free  country and being the
liberal that you are I am sure that "free speech"  is on your list of "RIGHTS".
Then you need to extend the same courtesy  to anyone else wanting to express an
opinion (including racists,  hatemongers and everyone else) whether YOU
personally agree with it or  not it is there "Right" as a citizen of this
country.

  Dan (Thunder)

Yahoo! Photos
 Ring in the New Year with Photo Calendars. Add photos, events, holidays,
whatever.