[GeoStL] Re: Windows V7 Upgrade

  • From: Jon Mertz <jemertz@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 26 Oct 2009 16:48:37 -0500

-
Laura, Microsoft releases operating systems in pairs.

95 -> 98
ME -> XP
Vista -> 7

The first is garbage. The 2nd fixes it, while remaining fairly similar
in design and appearance . Everything I have heard about Vista and 7
(I have used neither extensively) confirms that the pattern continues.
I intend to try 7 after the first service pack is released. (XP SP0
was pretty bad, SP1 fixed the brokenness, SP2 added security features,
and SP3 added, as far as I can tell, only bloat. If this pattern is
repeated, I'll get SP1 and 2, and skip 3, but there is no evidence
that it will be repeated.)

On Mon, Oct 26, 2009 at 2:32 PM, Laura Million <lmillio@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
> -
> Let us know how you like Windows 7. Is it stable? Is it easier to use? I've
> talked with a few techs that have seen the Beta version and really like it
> (compared to Vista).
>
> Laura
> 2_cats

from this