[GeoStL] Re: What to do

  • From: Dan Henke <thunder_monk@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 10 Jan 2008 07:07:23 -0800 (PST)

Bernie I understand what you are saying as I went through something similar
recently. I received an email on one of my virtual caches in Jeff City. The
answer they gave was wrong and the cacher was based in Germany but they took
the time to send me an email? ...I could not decide if the cacher had
misunderstood what I was asking due to language barrier problems or was just
logging caches with a bogus answer. I tried to decide if I should send him an
email asking for clarification (and possibly embarass him because he
misunderstood what he supposed to do) or just let the log stand. I finally just
let the log stand for the reason in one of the previous emails...if he was
cheating then he cheated himself out of some really interesting history and it
was his loss (I really do not care about other people's number count....I only
watch mine) and if it was a mistake then he logged a neat cache and enjoyed
himself. Either way it really is no skin off my nose if you know what I mean.
  In your case my opinion is that it is up to you to decide ...some cache
placers delete anything that does not meet their specifications while others
just let it slide. As a Cache owner you have the POWER :)

  Dan

Bernie <happykraut@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
      I need some feedback on this one. There is a cacher who states in his
logs "Did not sign log" , but claims it as a find. He has done this to three of
my caches. What should I do? Delete or ignore.  Bernie