[GeoStL] Re: Walmart light pole

  • From: JimSGreene@xxxxxxx
  • To: geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 8 Jan 2008 15:11:17 EST

In a message dated 1/8/2008 12:28:25 P.M. Central Standard Time,
junkmailno@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:

I think  a good service SLAGA could provide is to have people who can
tactfully  contact cache placers who place problematic caches.  They could
work  with them to fix the problem.  I suspect that would be better than  some
of us less tactful people pointing out the problem in a cache  log.

Jim,
 I disagree with this statement, any problematic caches should be  reported
to the local approver for them to handle. They are paid big money to  handle
that sort of thing.
 As far as lamp post or easy caches, they serve a purpose too, they  are
great for those with mobility issues, and people looking for some quick  finds.
If
placed according to guidelines, I don't have a problem with them.  They can
be ok, and sometimes they can be a nice surprise when a new trick shows  up.
 Let's not get into any sort of condemnation of anything, this sport  has
lots of room for all types of hides, enjoy the game.

Strider