[GeoStL] WAS: More on LaBarque..NOW: "Stomach Bug"

  • From: "Susan Ring" <susanmring@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 15 Nov 2005 16:09:30 -0600

-
I changed the heading, since I'm sure not everyone wants to hear about the
trials and tribulations of dealing with puking kids :-)  So some of you
might want to stop reading HERE. :-)

Nancy,

I really sympathize with you.  The nurses last night told us there's tons of
this thing going around and that it hits kids and adults both very hard.  My
class today was cancelled at the last minute because my teacher suddenly got
it.  Oh well, I giess I don't mind driving 50 miles round trip to get handed
an assignment at the classrrom door.

Anyway, I am still marvelling at the wonder of IV fluids.  My daughter was
scary sick last night when I got her to the hospital, and after 2 bags of
saline with a couple of stomach meds in the drip she looked almost human
again.  It was worth the seven hours there to see the dramatic improvement.
She's still got a ways to go, though.  Your kids are younger, right?  That's
a lot tougher on the parents.  Bridget is amost 18, and she's got a long
history of stomach problems, so she pretty much knows what's about to happen
aand how to take care of it.  I remember those days when it all happened in
the bed and on the floor and on the couch.....and of course it's always in
the middle of the night, too.

Anyway, good luck.  Sooner or later they finally get well.
Susan