[GeoStL] Re: Using accurate coordinates

  • From: Stephen Martin <faery_generic@xxxxxxx>
  • To: geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 09 May 2007 14:11:31 -0700

-
I read through the messages from this thread and the one I started last week
and definitely got my answer.  The key is to use every resource you have when
hiding and/or finding a cache.  The needle and the zero on a GPSr are not the
end all of the hunt.  The cache page, logs, hints, google earth and personal
experience must factor together.

I can use my GPSr to get several marks on my spot to hide and then use what is
closest.  I don't mind doing that because it doesn't involve playing on the
computer and does involve nature.  I do NOT know for sure how to get the
average of my marks and would love help with that.

Is that enough to be acceptable regarding getting the best coordinates?

When I search and hopefully find I will continue to tread lightly and use all
info I have gathered before heading on the hunt.  I will start to leave logs
that can be useful to next cacher.

When having lunch on Friday's I will chew each bite 59 times and wait until
after I swallow to talk.  I may use utensils too.

Stephen

PS- I am serious about wanting to learn how to average marks to better my
ccordinates.