[GeoStL] Tiger Day 2005

  • From: "Mike Griffin" <griff@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 30 May 2005 09:11:12 -0500

Folks, we need people next Saturday (9-2:30) to help out with Tiger Day. This
is what is involved.
We set up a booth or small table at Cub World, Beaumont Scout Reservation, and
we tell folks about Geocaching in the St. Louis Area.
Tiger Cubs are 1st graders going into 2nd Grade. We fill an AMMO Box with
little goodies and let them follow the arrow to the cache.
We can have 1 or 2 caches and we just walk with them and the parents guiding
them and talking to the parents about the fun we have with Geocaching. Caches
are within 100' of the table.
This is a great opportunity to get outdoorsy type families into the sport of
Geocaching.
If I cannot get anyone else to volunteer to help out, We will have to cancel
it. We have been involved with this, the last 2 years.
There is a free lunch provided as well.

Please let me know by Wednesday, otherwise, I will have to cancel our spot.

Thanks to Didg Guy for volunteering! He is the only one so far.

Mike