[GeoStL] Re: Technical Question

  • From: Dave Keiser <dave@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 15 Jan 2004 12:29:05 -0600

Hey, MIke... for a single point, one easy way would be to switch your gps to degrees and minutes (you can do that is the 'settings' section, enter the coordinates for a waypoint and then switch it back to 'normal' letting the gps do the conversion for you. I'll bet there are conversion utilities out there somewhere, too...

fullquiver
Dave Keiser

On Jan 15, 2004, at 12:01 PM, Lazylightning wrote:

I'm tapping into the deep end of the pool of geniuses (I'm in the shallow end) to find out if anyone knows how to convert Degrees, Minutes, Seconds (DMS)  to Degrees and Minutes (MinDec).

I got to play with a $10,000 Tremble that our work has to check some coordinates.  The closest I could come in the WGS84 format was DMS.  I wrote the coordinates down but they don't seem to look right.

N00 00' 00.000 (DMS)
N00 00.000 (MinDec)