[GeoStL] Re: TOTALLY NGR: Muny Free Seats but also a cool cache

  • From: Dan Henke <thunder_monk@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 19 Jun 2007 21:33:12 -0700 (PDT)

Nancy,

  It all depends on the show that is playing and the night you want to go.....I
have been there when the free seat lines stretch around and around and it is
hard to get a good seat unless you get in line a long time ahead of everyone
else.....and then there was this past Monday night.....I pulled into the
parking area at 7:15....got my FIL and son settled ...they were using season
tickets....I walked in the free seats after those in line finished filing in
and still found a good seat center stage with very few people around me.

  My advice would be get there early.....bring a pizza or something to eat
while you are waiting in line.....try to get center stage seats but not the
first row against the fence (no leg room).....bring binoculars and a couple of
bottles of cold water....the free seats are cooler and more airy than the pay
seats most of the time. binoculars make the play more enjoyable as you can't
make out individual faces from the back....but you can hear just as well as
front row seats.

  If there is a really good play you are wanting to see I would get on line and
buy as good a ticket as you can afford ...they range up to $50 or more dollars
per seat but the difference in seeing a play from close up and seeing it from
the free seats is almost unbelievable.

  However you do it have a good time and enjoy the experience..

  Dan (Thunder)

tnsl <sydstyr@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
          Is anyone out there a Free Seat Expert?  The gates open at 7:00 --
what's the best time to get there?

  And to make it geo related.  I LOVE the pictures on the front page of gc.com
and enjoy reading the logs that go along with them.  While I was getting a bit
tired of looking at those 4 guys with the book (?) that were making a rather
regular appearance on my screen/stuck in my cache (geohumor) , there was a
photo from this cache
http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?guid=5fedf371-2157-4aa7-947f-d27511848ab2
   today   that caught my eye.  GCZ7CN

  Nancy
  NOT the Nancy with the recent sinus infection, or even another Nancy but the
rather long, normally  misunderstood, rarely seen in person  Nancy ;+) the NHL
of the TKLNHL & Kyd.   --  I just thought I'd try and clear that up for some
people (you know who you are ... )

Boardwalk for $500? In 2007? Ha!