[GeoStL] Re: TB tag but no TB

  • From: Pam Ekey <pekey@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 8 Oct 2004 20:21:22 -0700 (PDT)

-
You've done the best you can by contacting the bug owner. Sometime they can be
slow to get back to you. If the owner doesn't respond, I don't think there's a
way you can take over ownership of the bug, but there's nothing to stop you
from putting the tag on your watch list, attaching the it to another object,
and sending the tag out into the world again.

Pam/Tribble
Mark Coppersmith <mscopper@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
-
I recently pulled a travel bug out of a cache only to find out it was
wrapped around just another trinket and after returning to the cache found
the Travel Bug the tag should have been attached to was not there. So, I
have a Travel Bug tag, but no bug. I emailed the bug owner, but have not
received a response. Now what? Can the TB tag number be transferred to a
new object? Can I attach this tag to a different object and send it out
into the geocaching world? I have one I have been itching to send but been
too lazy to get my own tag. What if the owner never contacts me? Any
suggestions? Any one else come across this?

Mark

Subject field

Subject field