[GeoStL] Re: Slaga Coin

  • From: "tklnhl & kyd" <sydstyr@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 10 Aug 2006 14:38:40 -0500

-
Hmmm ..  the slave was York. He made it back. And remained a slave.  I think
Clark sent him off to his (Clark's) home in Tennessee (?) and eventually
gave him his freedom -- but it took a while.. 10 or more years.  I could
insert a comment about middle-aged white men moving slowly even then, but
now THAT would get me into a LOT of trouble wouldn't it??

Where's our history teacher on this one????

Nancy