[GeoStL] Re: Several helpers needed

  • From: "HoosierDaddy" <_rnx_@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 14 Jun 2007 20:35:39 -0400

- I'll wear my cilice and bells.

------ Original Message ------
From: "GC-RGS" <gc-rgs@xxxxxxxxxx>
To: <geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [GeoStL] Re: Several helpers needed

Thanks to everyone who indicated they could help. Looks like we have enough now.

Let's try to meet at 8:30-8:45AM in back of the Visitors Center in Forest Park. That way we can go over the operation of the Garmin yellow eTrex's (since that's what everyone will be using) and the location of the 3 caches placed for the morning. All the GPS's already have the 3 WP's loaded from last Saturday at the WOW event. There will be no bushwhacking and all the walking can be done on the paved trails and/or cut grass. Wear anything that's comfortable.

If anyone wants to bring their GPS, that's fine but not needed. Approx. location for meeting will be about N38 38.680 and W90 17.006

Thanks again and see everyone next Friday, June 22nd.

Rich

From: "GC-RGS" <gc-rgs@xxxxxxxxxx>
To: "GC-maillist" <geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [GeoStL] Several helpers needed

Last week I put out an email for a few helpers to show 30 7th graders  how geocaching works. Unfortunately Stephen was the only volunteer. So, they (MO. State Parks) re-arranged the events for the week and moved the geocaching part to Friday, June 22nd. I'll be back in town by then so I'll be there but would like a few more helpers so we can break up the group into smaller manageable groups.
I realize that most work so aren't available during the week for something like this, but hopefully a few retirees might be able to help out. Stephen has offered to help again but I'd think it would be nice to have 5 or 6 of us.
We will do this just like we did last Saturday at WOW. There will be 3 temporary caches placed with goodies that we will hunt. We will have the yellow eTrex's for everyone so it will be easy to show how to navigate and the 3 WPs will already be loaded. This will take place on Friday, June 22nd from 9AM to 11AM and we will meet behind the visitors center which is just East of the History Museum in Forest Park.
If you can help out, please let me know.
Thanks,
Rich

Checked by AVG Free Edition.