[GeoStL] Re: Second Try

  • From: "Hobbit Taz" <HobbitTaz@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 2 Dec 2010 22:41:16 -0600

I don't know the name length on the Nuvi, but when I download to my garmin I
have two fields that it puts on the unit - the name field and the notes
field.

Here is the coding I put into GSAK when I download to the Garmin.  I would
think it would work for the Nuvi macro also if you have the capability to
change it.  These are gsak macro codes which %name is one of those codes
also.  Maybe this will give you some ideas

Name Field:

%smart%bug=+-%Dif1%Ter1%Typ1%Con1

Notes Field

%last4%Datelf

This gives me something like.

NAME: Birthdae+12TR   which is

"%smart" = Birthdae  {Smartname which is 8 character name}

"%bug=+-"=+     {+ means contains bug while - means no bug}

"%Dif1"=1 {Cache Difficulty 1-9;  1=1 2=1.5 3=2 4=2.5.}

"%Ter1"=2 {Cache Terrain 1-9;  1=1 2=1.5..}

"%Typ"=T  {T for Traditional ,  M=Multi, U = Unknown }

"%Con1"=R {Container size   R=Regular M=Micro  L=Large}

NOTE: FFFF11/14/2010

"%last4" = FFFF   {F = Found  N= nofind}  last 4 logs shown

"%Datelf"=11/14/2010   {Date of last find log}

There are many more codes you can get.  On GSAK Help search for "Special
Tags" to get the listing.

  _____