[GeoStL] Sad News for the geocaching world and for Thunder_Monk

  • From: "M. Bollinger" <lazylightning3@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 10 Apr 2009 05:43:00 -0700 (PDT)

Dan,

I am SO sorry to hear about the news.  I am shocked to hear this.  Jim seemed
to be in such good health and always took such good care of himself.  My
prayers are with you and your family!  May God grant you peace in this time of
sorrow.

I cut my teeth on Jim's caches.  My very first cache was his Capitol View
Cache.  I remember his Hartsburg cache, that was among my first caches find.
It took us 4 times to find that.  Each time we couldn't find it, I would email
Jim and ask for a hint and he would gently nudge me in the right direction.  My
son, Mark (GeoDude) really learned a great life lesson from that experience
- perseverance, imagination and forgiveness (he was mad at Jim for hiding it so
hard!)  He had so many great caches.  I loved the Foreign Exchange, Pineridge 2
and Where Eagles Dare.  If it were not for Jim's caches, I probably would have
not found geocaching as enjoyable and probably would have not continued it as a
hobby.  It would be an honor to be able to adopt the two caches near Ashland,
if you wish.

We can take comfort that God has logged Jim as a "Find" and although he's been
"archived" in this terrestrial caching ground, he is now "published" and
"active" in a far better land for caching!

My Deepest Condolences,
Mike (Lazylightning)