[STL (no subject)

  • From: "Dave D" <cache_finder@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 26 Mar 2002 22:35:14 -0600

Jack decided to go skiing with his buddy, Bob. They loaded up
Jack's minivan and headed north. After driving for a few hours,
they got caught in a terrible blizzard.

They pulled into a nearby farm and asked the attractive lady who
answered the door if they could spend the night.

"I realize it's terrible weather out there and I have this huge
house all to myself, but I'm recently "widowed," she explained.
"I'm afraid the neighbors will talk if I let you stay in my house."

"Don't worry," Jack said. "We'll be happy to sleep in the barn.
And if the weather breaks, we'll be gone at first light."

The lady agreed, and the two men found their way to the barn and
settled in for the night. Come morning, the weather had cleared,
and they got on their way. They enjoyed a great weekend of skiing.

About nine months later, Jack got an unexpected letter from an

It took him a few minutes to figure it out, but he finally determined
that it was from the attorney of that attractive widow he had met on
the ski weekend.

He dropped in on his friend Bob and asked, "Bob, do you remember that
good-looking widow from the farm we stayed at on our ski holiday up

"Yes, I do."

"Did you happen to get up in the middle of the night, go up to the
house and pay her a visit?"

"Yes," Bob said, a little embarrassed about being found out. "I have
to admit that I did."

"And did you happen to use my name instead of telling her your name?"

Bob's face turned red and he said, "Yeah, sorry, buddy. I'm afraid
I did.

Why do you ask?"

"She just died and left me everything."

(And you thought the ending would be different, didn't you?)

Our WebPage!   http://www.freelists.org/webpage/geocaching
Mail List & Archive Info.
Environmental msg. of the day, "Save the spotted Cow"