-Laurie

From: griff@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx: geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx: [GeoStL] Re: SLAGA
TB RaceDate: Tue, 25 Mar 2008 13:29:41 -0500

Can we use stargates???? There are several in the US. Kansas and Texas have
one. They transport TBs to another stargate at the owners expense. Crazy way to
get miles!!

Mike

Date: Tue, 25 Mar 2008 11:41:16 -0500From: jemertz@xxxxxxxxxxx:
geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx: [GeoStL] Re: SLAGA TB RaceSo you can't hold or
hide other entrants, but I see no rule stating I can't hold or move my own
entrant. Is it safe to assume that this would be considered fair?-Jon
On Tue, Mar 25, 2008 at 11:33 AM, Laurie Elfrank <lwatermann@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I'm glad you asked...Here are the race rules from the Spring Picnic cache page
(GC18VM4): TRAVELBUG RACE RULESAll Travel Bugs to be entered in the race must
be new; that is, they must not have been dropped into any cache prior to the
2008 SLAGA Spring Picnic Event cache, so they will all have the picnic as a
common starting point. Geocoins can be entered in the race and will be treated
as Travel Bugs.All racing TBs and Geocoins (Entrants) should be dropped into
the 2008 SLAGA Spring Picnic cache page prior to May 3rd. You can have as many
Entrants as you like. There WILL NOT be travel bug tags available at the
picnic. Tags can be purchased at Groundspeak.com. A limited number of tags can
also be purchased for $6.00 each before the event by contacting JC_Geo,
Wheelinb, or L Frank.All Entrants MUST be turned into the Travel Bug Race box
at the Spring Picnic no later than 1:00 PM. Don't take them to the travel bug
trading table.Volunteers wanting to pick up race Entrants should sign in with
TB race coordinators (JC_Geo and wheelinb) by 2:30 PM. Preference will be given
to volunteers who do not have an Entrant in the race. At 3:30, all Entrants
will be distributed to the volunteers who have agreed to move them to their
first cache.Owners of the Entrants in the race are expected to show good
sportsmanship with regard to other Entrants. This means that if you find
another TB/Geocoin which is entered in the race, you will take no action that
will unreasonably hinder the Entrant's movement. This includes, but is not
limited to, picking up and holding the Entrant or placing it in an
exceptionally difficult or rarely visited cache.The race will end on December
1, 2008. The standings will be posted on the SLAGA web page (www.geostl.com)
approximately monthly, and at the end of the race.There is a $2.00 fee per
Entrant that will be used for the prizes. The more Entrants racing, the larger
the prizes.
Prizes to be awarded at SLAGA Christmas Party.Entrant which logs the most
miles. TB/coin must still be active at end of race.Entrant which logs the least
miles. TB/coin must still be active at end of race.First Entrant to go MIA.

Date: Tue, 25 Mar 2008 11:21:14 -0500From: jemertz@xxxxxxxxxxx:
geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx: [GeoStL] Re: SLAGA TB Race

What are the race rules?
On Tue, Mar 25, 2008 at 8:23 AM, Laurie Elfrank <lwatermann@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hey All, don't forget to order travelbug dogtags if you need 'em for the SLAGA
Travelbug Race. The race will start at the Spring Picnic on May 3. Your tags
will need to be activated and attached to your racers when you bring them to
the picnic. The entry fee is $2 per racer, and it is open to all previously
uncirculated TBs and geocoins. Prizes for the winners will be awarded at this
year's Christmas Party.  -Laurie (Denmother)

Windows Live Hotmail is giving away Zunes. Enter for your chance to win.

Watch "Cause Effect," a show about real people making a real difference. Learn
more.

Windows Live Hotmail is giving away Zunes.
http://www.windowslive-hotmail.com/ZuneADay/?locale=en-US&ocid=TXT_TAGLM_Mobile_Zune_V3