[GeoSTL] Re: Relocating Caches

  • From: "Bruce S" <bruces1321@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 06 Jun 2002 09:40:41 -0500

I agree with Paul on this. It seems to keep things "cleaner" if you archive the old one and start a new one as long as the coordinates are different.

Bruce

From: Paul Konopacki <konopapw@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [GeoSTL] Re: Relocating Caches
Date: Thu, 06 Jun 2002 00:50:21 -0500

I usually don't do this, but today I went to re-find
a cache I had already found.  It was the Aggets
cache, which RGS located a short distance away
from its original spot because the first one was
stolen.  Rather than put a new container at the
old location, is just seemed better to put it
somewhere else - nearby - so that those who
haven't found the cache yet can still find it
by taking the same route as those who found
the original one.

RGS didn't archive the old cache and create a
new one.  He changed the coordinates, a little
of the description and the name to
Aggets (New Location).

I had to call it Agget3 in my GPS, since I
already had a waypoint for Aggets from
the last time I found it!

When Barramus redid his Labarque Hideout
after it was stolen, he archived the first page
and create a new Labarque Hideout II page.

Either method seems ok, but I'd rather see
a new cache page created because it seems
more like a different cache that way.