[GeoStL] Re: Recommendation needed

  • From: barramus@xxxxxxx
  • To: geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 15 Nov 2002 15:31:36 +0000

-
While I am not a hunter either, I figure they can have the woods that are open
to hunting all to themselves for this 10 day period each year.  There are lots
of caches out there that are in areas not open to hunting, that's where I'll be
the next week and a half.  If you want a good walk in the woods with no
hunters, try Engleman incline.
Barramus
> Great tip about hunting season people!  While I am not an active deer hunter,
> past experience tells me to pass along the following for the safety and
> enjoyment of the outdoors by all:         IF YOU HAVE TO GO INTO THE
> WOODS--------
>   : DO NOT START CACHEING IN THE WOODS AT OR NEAR DAYBREAK!!   ALSO, BE GONE
> IF YOU CAN BY DUSK
>   : WEAR BRIGHTLY COLORED CLOTHING,  colors; white is a NONO!!!!
>   As far as noise goes, to be very loud would be detrimental to hunters, but
> you don't want to be completely quiet either--  If in a group, keep up a
> normal tone of conversation, it lets a hunter know what is down the path or
> around the bend;
>   If you are caching alone, I think a small transistor radio tuned to a music
> station would be safe and acceptable, hang it around your neck or at least
> outside your clothing, point it foward, medium volume.
>          Good luck to all
>                                       Bud
>
> budlvr40

 The SLAGA E-store is closed for image repairs......