[GeoStL] Re: Pto contacting you from Geocaching.com

  • From: "Gale R. Nie" <showme69@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 12 Apr 2005 23:49:58 -0500

-
Ok, here's the reply I got back from Pto. I wouldn't be able to do a face-to-face pickup and not sure if I could get to the Airport/I-70 TB motel before someone else picked up the bug. Would any member who lives in north county, and might be heading out to Franklin Co. in the near future, be able to at least pick it up from the TB motel on the 24th? Just let me know and I'll send a reply to Pto. Thanks.
Gale

Greetings!
First, thanks a TON for the offer!! Rochester MN is near enough for me to maybe even go grab myself, even if it takes a couple months to get up there - Im OK
with that, and its great for me! This would be ideal for me-I have friends there, so Its a Win Win deal for me :)

The bug is coming into St. Louis on Sun. the 24th, with the best opportunity for an exchange on the 24th, since Puppers is busy on a work trip. She is coming
into the airport somewhere aroud 5pm, but needs some time to get a rental car, etc. She thinks easiest, nearest cache is "St. Louis Airport/I-70 TB motel" but
has generously offered to maybe alternately meet someone in person, or other...?

Any way to get someone to get my Tbug would be OK with me- but If you can help me choose a good candidate to meet up, exchange/etc, help to ensure Puppers a safe exchange - that helps a ton! This is up to Puppers on who/when/etc- I dont care so much on the "integertity" of the drop - if its not a cache, Im OK with that-But again- Puppers will have the final call on where they will drop it, or who/when they would meet. I just want everything to be safe, easy - and mostly Fun for
all of us, and hope Im not sounding overly cautious...

Getting this bug home has become an interesting adventure for me, but seems to have also become very important to me, so I have to again stress how much I
appreciate everyones help with this!! It really humbles me how much people I have never met, and pretty much begged for help are willing to offer
there time, effort to help me - someone they never met, and maybe never will?. I have worked the last 15+ years in office environments where people would pretty
much let you catch on fire, and look away if it interrupted their cofffe break- and those were the ones you knew for years..... Co-workers arent cachers,
for sure !!!!

Please be sure to "reply to all" since I have copy'd Puppers, and want us all to know whats what-

Thanks again, and lets be in touch!

Pete

----- Original Message ----- From: "Gale R. Nie" <showme69@xxxxxxxx>