[GeoStL] Re: Problems with 60cs???

  • From: Sara Gomer <outdoorlady79@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 27 Apr 2005 05:13:32 -0700 (PDT)

Eric,

Have you possibly installed detailed maps and not installed the areas that
appear to be just tan w/o detail?  I've seen this on my 60CS when I am near the
edge of a loaded mapset of City Select maps and I zoom out with the basemap
turned off and only city select maps turned on.

Other than that I would have to say contact Garmin, sounds like a possible
defect.

I've never noticed the speed issue but haven't really paid that much attention
to it.

Eric & Dayna East <believer@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
-
I just downloaded the new version but, I didn't see in the description of
the update where these problems were addressed.

To be more specific about my map shrinkage problem I should say that not the
entire map shrinks. The tan background color stays but, the map detail, such
as: roads, lakes, elevation contours etc. disapear over much of the screen
leaving neatly defined boundry lines as if someone drew a line across the
top and one side & then erased everything else outside of these lines...

Eric