[GeoStL] Re: Problem with 60cs

  • From: Mike Lusicic <lusicic@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 21 Feb 2007 17:36:28 -0600

-
 Sometimes mine gets wacky too. I turn the electronic compass off then back
on, and that usually fixes the problem. Sometimes I recalibrate it, and it
seems to be on track after that as well. Not sure what causes it to go wacky
to begin with, but as long as I can fix it, I just fix it and move on. By
thetime I get home, I forget about it and never see if there is anyone who
knows if there is a way to fix it.
Eric East wrote: - I don't know if it's a problem or something that i'm just
too dumb to figure out. I know a lot of people prefer to use their maps when
looking for caches, but I norrmally use my maps only as a means of getting
meto the area. Once there I prefer to use the compass pointer. Lately, i've
noticed that my pointer (only when walking, it works fine while driving)
often points away from the direction of the cache even though the display
shows the distance to the cache decreasing as I approach. Do any of you have
any ideas what the deal is??? Thanks! Eric

--- Links ---
   1 //www.freelists.org/list/geocaching
   2 http://tinyurl.com/87cqw