[GeoStL] Re: Policy Negotiations in Rolla

  • From: Glenn <Glenn@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 14 Jan 2004 11:23:55 -0600

-
Not necessarily.

"Placed without a permit" is not the same as "placed without permission." As with the stl county parks and a few of the others around, we have blanket permission to place caches and the parks know where they are. They just cant deal with the paperwork burden so we dont need to fill out permits or even call them ahead of time. (they actually don't want us to call) **glenn

At 11:12 AM 1/14/2004, Brian Maddox wrote:

-
See, I'm not sure I'd agree with that any more in light of the recent PAWB
actions from our friend in Springfield.  By requiring a permit, it seems to
me that it reinforces that the cache is legally there and not considered
"abandoned property", trash, or whatever someone might use to justify their
stealing a cache.  So if it has a permit, and the PAWB decides to steal it,
then maybe it is a stronger case legally that it could be considered theft
and legal action could be taken.  Dunno.