[GeoStL] Re: Poison Ivy

  • From: Mike Lusicic <lusicic@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 11 Sep 2008 16:18:17 -0500

- If I follow that link, I get a message about my browser not accepting session cookies. Since mine does, I assume that the link assumes you are in a session. I can enter the site, so you may want to include instructions on how to get to that particular place. I got to Journals, but didn't know where to go from there.

Timothy Hunt wrote:
-
You want to go working in a cashew nut shell oil factory.

http://www3.interscience.wiley.com/journal/119436947/abstract?CRETRY=1&SRETRY=0

Timothy

On 9/11/08, Mike Griffin <griff@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

-
 FYI... Now you know! :-)

 Q.} I have a friend who is a city arborist. He knows a bit about plants as
well as trees. He told me that it was possible to build up a relative
immunity to poison ivy by ingesting the leaves of the plant in small doses
over time. Is this true?
 Submitted by: Josh, Knoxville, TN

 A.} Back in April 1987 a study on ingesting poison ivy to develop immunity
was reported in the Archives of Dermatology. The report said it didn't work.
But cases of severe reactions in the mouth of people who have tried a nibble
of poison ivy are well documented. The future may bring a pill that
decreases sensitivity to poison ivy, oak, and sumac, and the pill may be
derived from the plants, but no doctor I have ever talked to recommends
eating poison ivy, no matter how small the bite.

 Mike Griffin
 The BEST Spam Solution!
 http://www.spamarrest.com/affl?4001050

 Brawny Bear - Member SLAGA / EGO