[GeoStL] Re: Picnic

  • From: "Susan Ring" <susanmring@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 11 Sep 2003 13:14:42 -0500

I agree, this sounds like fun, and a painless way to score some donations.  A
couple of "white elephant" donations would probably liven things up, although
we wouldn't want to overdo it.

Susan

  -
  They do this at my wife's family reunion and sometimes
  the same items are brought back year after year and
  bought and traded back and forth. It has become a lot
  of fun to see who gets the "trophy" this year. Also it
  brings in quite a bit of money with which they buy the
  food for the next reunion and maintain the upkeep of
  the family cemetery. It is great fun and a great idea.
  I volunteer to bring a couple of ammo boxes for the
  auction if we have one. Maybe even fill them so they
  are ready to go caches!!! :O

  Dan

  --- Bernie <happykraut@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
  >   I would like to suggest that we have a very
  > informal auction at the
  > picnic. Items would be donated, brought to the
  > picnic and then auctioned off
  > right after the drawing. All the proceeds from the
  > sale would go into our
  > treasury. Suggested items would be: any type of
  > cache boxes, items to place
  > into cache boxes, T-shirts or anything else that
  > you've had laying around
  > the house(does not have to be cache related). In
  > other words if it'll bring
  > a buck, donate it. Several small nickel and dime
  > stuff could be put into
  > plastic bags. WHAT DO YOU ALL THINK? I think it
  > would be a great way to put
  > a few bucks into the treasury. Lets call it 'THE
  > FIRST ANNUAL SLAGA
  > AUCTION'. Almost no effort required  and zero
  > expenses to make money.
  > Bernie
  > The Happy Kraut
  >
  > ---