[GeoStL] Re: PDA for paperless caching

  • From: JOHN C CARAKER <rufusrex2@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 9 Jan 2007 10:29:43 -0800 (PST)

-
I bought a Palm Tungsten T-3 a few years ago to keep my schedule and contact
list.  I use Plucker and GSAK and have never had a problem.  Go to
www.geocacher-u.com/resources/paperless.html and it will spell it all out for
you.  I keep a file of 250 caches on it which I update weekly.  If I'm going on
a trip, I will load a pocket query for the place I am going to and sneak a few
caches there, too.  I'm probably as low tech as anyone on the list.
Brian and Sue Steele <smilingsteeles@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:  -
I am just now looking into getting a PDA for paperless caching, but don't want
to spend alot of dinero for one. I am clueless to all the hi-tech talking, too,
when it comes to electronics. Is there anyone who is low tech like me that has
gone paperless? I have read numerous times that an old PDA, maybe from ebay,
like a Palm III would be just fine. Anyone have advice? I am just learning to
work with GSAK too so I would appreciate the help. Thanks! :D Sue