[GeoStL] Re: OziExplorer

  • From: Glenn <Glenn@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, <geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 06 Jan 2004 22:28:34 -0600

-
i messed with oxExplorer quite some time ago and I didn't know what to do with it then but it looked pretty good.

the watcher/expertGPS is a good combination and I am quickly becoming to really like the GSAK http://gsak.geocaching.com.au/ program. It is like watcher and several programs combined. the next revision will have the waypoint download to the GPSr's that the easy gps has. I am liking it a lot for a watcher type of program. (it free too)

Still, the easiest way to grab a bunch of waypoints and quickly put them on a topo or aerial map is expert gps.

I messed with quakemap that does map imports but i am not as handy with it as i am with expertGps.

gln

At 10:17 PM 1/6/2004, Mike Bollinger wrote:

Is anyone using OziExplorer. I was reading about it and it sounds good. But since it costs $, I'm not so sure I can't find freeware to do the same. (Hey I'm cheep, we homeschool our kids and I have to watch $) Does anyone have info about it or suggestions of other freeware? I'm currently using Watcher and EasyGPS.