[GeoStL] Re: Outdoor Expo (Pictures published on Shutterfly)

I would venture to say the day was a great success.  But
I have nothing similar to compare it to!  We were a very
efficient group when it came to staying in the shade under
the canopy.  However, I was sunburn on just my calves,
which looks quite strange.

There were no 'incidents' during the event that I heard of.
The most annoying thing for me was the all-day loud and
constant blasts from the trap shooting nearby.  That made
it very hard for me to get good audio for the first SLAGA
podcast.  We even had to move a temporary cache twice
to make sure it was out range of the flying shot pellets
and clay target debris.

I couldn't decide if the fact that we were located right
next to the pit toilets was good, or not.  In retrospect,
it was good - short trip if we needed to use the facilities
and it ultimately drove customer-traffic our way!

Joe (Rockie J. Squirrell) showed up and lent a hand in
explaining geocaching to those interested.  He enthusiastically
led some of the guided tours to the temporary caches.  During
the lulls, Bernie entertained us with his travails while
crossing the US/Canadian border.

I had only planned to function as an observer, like I did
at MOGA 2005, but I found myself jumping into some of
the conversations with newbies.

We arrived home about 5pm, after following a huge
motorhome all the way from Chesterfield to Eureka (there
are no legal places to pass along the route we took).

Elaine and I enjoyed taking advantage of the event to
put our new technical gadgets through their paces.

(konopapw)