[GeoStL] Re: Our boy BruceS/Cache Expiration

  • From: Glenn <GLNash@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 14 Aug 2002 18:34:47 -0500

Thanks Dan,
You just made the point that I going to launch into. Most of my caches could
come or go and I would not really care. I know all the "old timers" have
done them all and (mostly) enjoyed them. There are new cachers popping up
all the time that haven't done them.   Maybe they would like to see where
"Buck" liked to go or just what the heck is out at "Ghosts" too.  Sure I
could move them a few hundred feet, call it a new cache but that seems
stupid. Sure, it would be an opportunity for all the old guys to go claim
another cache but the whole exercise seems rather pointless to me.

Having caches too close together.  I think there is a point where there
would be too many caches in an area but it would be hard to say what it
would be. I don't think "Rt66" or "Kertcher for Kids" negatively impacts
"Ghosts" and they're all within 1/2 a mile but they all with different
views. Three more caches at Lake 36 however, would be pushing the limit just
a tad but your multicache near there doesn't overdo it at all. So for me
it's a conundrum. I want another cache near "Disassembly"  'cause I found a
really neat spot near there but I think I may wait. Some people will go
there anyway but others may not find it. I am still undecided.

Glenn