[GeoStL] Re: Opinions, please...would a swastika be offensive to you, even if it's part of the cache's theme?

  • From: Andrew Senger <asenger@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 17 Aug 2009 21:48:04 -0500

-
Mike,

What's the stigma behind flying the Irish flag to offend someone? I
see none, and you're following the Flag Code for our flag.  If
someone's ignorant enough to be offended by your flying two flags,
then offending them is the least of my worries.

However, the swastika HAS offended people -- millions of people. It
still has a personal history to millions of people around the world.

It's a cliche, but you can't make everyone happy. However, I don't see
how not using the container he mentioned would offend any one, but
using it could. Why even go down that path?

Andrew Senger
asenger@xxxxxxxxx
http://www.yawetag.net
"In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king. He's also
postmaster and probably traffic cop, too. All the jobs for sports
referees are probably filled, though." --Lemel Hebert-Williams