[GeoStL] Re: O.T. Email / UseNet question

  • From: Jim <everman@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 28 Jun 2005 21:15:38 -0500

-
J.A. Terranson wrote:

The explanation is lngthy, so I'm not going to type it all out here, but
feel free to call me at (618) 558-5854 if you need a primer on Usenet
(specifically what it is and is *not*.  Hint: IUt's not like a Yahoo chat
room where one person/company/etc controlls it).

That's ok - I've been around Usenet since it was DARPA net. I use to work for a company that was into DARPA projects. I've also pulled forged posts out of Google, and within the limits of cancel message propagation, deleted them from newsgroups.

Most importantly, I finally noticed the error - he has used a "." where he should have used a "-". Deliberately or not, it escaped notice by me and a couple other people, all of whom should have been more observant.

 Mucho thanks for the offer though.

Geo Jim