[GeoStL] Re: O'Fallon PD Return Cache

  • From: Glenn <Glenn@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 29 Apr 2005 07:21:48 -0500

-
Whew, I am glad that it turned out well.

Glenn

At 09:49 PM 4/28/2005, Mike Tollefson wrote:

-
This morning the O'Fallon PD gave my wife a call at home.  They asked
for me!  Now that got her worried.  Then Officer Brown explained that
someone found an ammo box in Fort Zumwalt Park and turned it as
suspicious.  Officer Brown saw the Geocaching sticker on the outside,
opened it up, read the log book where he found my name, phone number
and the name Miranda's Bugs In A Box.  He said it was not a concern and
that he would return it.  My wife explained Geocaching to him as he
hadn't heard of it before.  He even dropped the cache off at the house!
 When I checked the logbook I found that he had signed it and placed an
O'Fallon Police sticker there.  I can and will return the cache to Fort
Zumwalt Park with his blessing.  The only thing I need to decide is -
do I hide it in a new location in the park to avoid the muggle who
turned it in, in case they return.  At least this wasn't treated as a
bomb scare!  My hats off to Officer Brown and the OFallon Police
Department.

Mike (tollybrew)

---------------- Glenn, Missouri Geocachers Assoc http://www.MoGeo.com *THE* Forums for Mo & Ks. http://mogeo.ipbhost.com/index.php?

Dave's Handy Hiding Hints http://www.ratisher.com/geocache_hiding.htm