From: "GC-RGS" <gc-rgs@xxxxxxxxxx>

Date: Mon, 23 Mar 2009 18:45:04 To: <geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [GeoStL] Re: Nuvi 680 question

-
I've got a 350 and I can use either the Garmin Nuvi car charger or my cell phone charger but either one MUST be plugged into the adaptor that snaps on the back of the Nuvi for mounting to the dash mount. Plugging either of the chargers into the mini USB on the side puts the GPS into data mode, just like using the USB cable that plugs into the PC to transfer.

Of course yours may work differently.

----- Original Message ----- From: <lake_wannabees@xxxxxxxxx>
From: Mike Lusicic <lusicic@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Date: Mon, 23 Mar 2009 18:06:47
To: <geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

-
Are you using their car charger, or one that fits? They are wired
differently so the unit can tell whether it is connected to the car or
computer. I just got a Colorado, and the car charger has a problem, so I
tried using a Motorola phone car adapter, and it did the same thing.
Anyway, there is an update to the Colorado that tells it not to go into
computer connection mode when you power it with a non Garmin car adapter.

Based on the fact that the wiring is different, you could be having a
problem with the cord that is enough to cause that kind of problem, but
not enough to cause the unit to be without power.

lake_wannabees@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
-
Does anyone have an idea why my new Nuvi thinks it's hooked up to a computer when I have it running on the car charger. This really sucks when I'm caching. It just started doing it yesterday.
Joyce
Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T

ŠËŠËH?ú(­:&jG€5‡!jx²Ú2¢êÚqÊ.žØ§r[?Šx.žË›±Êân)à~º&¶¬–+-rXœ’m§ÿðÃëyéb²Û(®åŠË?êiÈbž"²Ê.® šr¬IÈ^vé^vÚx ܆+Þvm§ÿíŠ|®®W(›ÿ;r¬ ŠË(º¸†z‡r§‚V§v릉br'¬Ã &œ…éÞ´Êz?h®é¬†Ûiÿù¨?ê"¥¸h²×(›ø§uìi

 Missouri Geocaching land use policies --> www.MoCache.net
 MoGeo Forums -->http://mogeo.ipbhost.com/index.php
ŠËŠËH?ú(­:&jG€5‡!jx²Ú2¢êÚqÊ.žØ§r[?Šx.žË›±Êân)à~º&¶¬–+-rXœ’m§ÿðÃëyéb²Û(®åŠË?êiÈbž"²Ê.® šr¬IÈ^vé^vÚx
܆+Þvm§ÿíŠ|®®W(›ÿ;r¬ŠË(º¸†z‡r§‚V§v릉br'¬Ã
&œ…éÞ´Êz?h®é¬†Ûiÿù¨?ê"¥¸h²×(›ø§uìihp==