[GeoStL] Re: (No To: geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

  • From: Carol Shahriary <shah11@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 2 Jun 2007 16:12:50 -0700 (PDT)

-
This is very helpful!  I just hope the weather is ok.
I think it is supposed to be dry starting tomorrow.

Do you have any idea what time the visitor center
opens?  I know the park opens at 8.  I tried to print
the JB map but all it did was drink printer ink and
give me a big black square!
Dancing Strawbery

--- Andrew Senger <asenger@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> -
> Okay, I found a minute to check our logs.
>
> I suggest the following in JB (along with a little
> note):
>     Disk Golf Any One? -- Just gotta watch out for
> the disk golfers
>     They might play softball here -- About 300' walk
> from parking, but in
> open field
>     They might play softball here 2 -- Same as #1
>     Gate to the Mississippi -- Not much of a walk at
> all
>     Jefferson Barracks Letterbox -- This one
> requires no bushwhacking, but
> it is a bit of a walk from the beginning coordinates
>     Building 72 -- About 100' from closest parking
>     Rainy Day Cache -- Parking in front of it
>
> If you make it to Columbia, these are recommended
> for non-bushwhacking:
>     Old School
>     What truly is the visual language of art?
>     Welcome to Columbia
>     Metter Park Cache
>     Columbia Main Street Multi
>     Columbia Memorial
>
> None of the Columbia caches above require more than
> 200' of walking, but all
> are on pavement or flat ground.
>
> Good luck!  I'm available starting at 7am if you
> need a phone-a-friend.  If
> you want the option, email personally and I'll give
> my calling information.
>
> Andrew (yawetag)

Carol Strawberry
"Common sense and a sense of humor are the same thing, moving at different
speeds.  A sense of humor is just common sense, dancing." (William James)