[GeoStL] Re: Nicknames???

  • From: Jeff the Blue Bead Man <bluebeadman@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 22 Mar 2005 17:32:10 -0800 (PST)

-
I'm a teacher at Parkway Central Middle.  As part of my teaching duties, I go
to sixth grade camp at Camp Lakewood near Potosi, MO every year.  I have lots
of jobs at camp, but my favorite by far is storyteller.  The most meaning story
I tell, and I tell it surrounded by the closing campfire with more than a
hundred sixth graders listening to my every word, summarizies the lesson of
camp.  It is a story of growing up, taking on responsibility, believing in
yourself and others, and making connections across groups of people and
generations.  The story focuses on a boy from prehistoric times, but the symbol
used is a bead.  The bead connects the boy to other people--whether those
people lived during those prehistoric times or whether they are currently
living.  The name of the story is "One Small Blue Bead."  To do justice to the
story, I memorized it several years ago and perform it at each closing
campfire.  Many of the lessons and themes in the story apply to geocaching.  So
my name springs naturally from what I do and what I try to live.  :-)  Thanks!

http://home.earthlink.net/~bluebeadman  for more info about the story...

OH!!!  I am also scheduled to tell the story Saturday night at MOGA.  If you
want to hear the story told correctly, then come on down to MOGA.  ;-)

-Jeff, the Blue Bead Man
Subject field