[GeoStL] Next geocaching seminar (April 3, 2004)

  • From: "GC-RGS" <gc-rgs@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "GC-maillist" <geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 13 Jan 2004 09:40:11 -0600

Our next Geocaching 101 seminar is scheduled for Sat. April 3rd at the Learning
Center in Greensfelder County Park again. I wanted to get the event page up to
remind everyone about it. The link is

The last one we had on Nov.1st turned out to be a little damp, but April 3rd
will be a nice, beautiful day. This email is more of a reminder to tell as many
as you can about our class. For those that received a new GPS for Christmas,
this would be a good place for some hands on experience. Since this is
sponsored by St. Louis county parks, the outdoor booklets or guides normally go
to just St. Louis county residents. However, the seminar is open to everyone,
St. Charles county, Jefferson county, etc, so we need to get the word out to
anyone interested.

Maybe we could put some pamphlets together to place at REI, Bass Pro, Target,
K-Mart, and other places that sell GPS's to help spread the word.

As before, we'll need volunteer speakers, outside guides, help with placing the
flags and getting WP's,  GPS's, and whatever else is needed.

Those of you that attended one of the previous seminars, what changes do you
think we should make on the presentation, layout of the caches, organization of
the day,  and ???. Remember, this is intended to be a geocaching course, not a
how-to on GPS's. Obviously, after the indoor session, some of us will be glad
to stick around and answer any questions pertaining to GPS's, PC and PDA
software, and any other related (or even not related) questions.

Rich