[GeoStL] Re: New Years Day cache hike

  • From: "Mr. President" <mogamoga2010@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Geocaching Newsgroup <geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 27 Dec 2010 21:09:57 -0600

I believe most hunting seasons end on December 31st.  The only hunting allowed
after the end of the year is rabbit and quail.  So if your planning on wearing
a rabbit fur coat with feathers, you may want to have blaze orange ear muffs.

From: Zeke@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
To: geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [GeoStL] Re: New Years Day cache hike
Date: Sun, 26 Dec 2010 22:57:51 -0600

My
wife and I spent this weekend at Pere Marquette Lodge hiking all the trails
shown on this map: http://www.greatriverroad.com/pere/hikingMap.htm.
With the new snow, it was gorgeous. I found Ravine Trail Cache and Goat Trail
Cache which are in great shape. Hopefully the snow will melt enough so you can’t
just find my geotrail. J

am not speaking from authority, but some of the caches mentioned are on
designated hunting areas and are in season at this time according to the
Illinois DNR and the desk staff at Pere Marquette Lodge. At least one of the
cache descriptions made it seem like public use should be allowed at the same
time as hunting. Since I don’t have any experience hunting, I only wanted
to point out what I had found out and let others make their own decisions
regarding those caches. The caches west of Graham Hollow Road are not in the
open hunting area.

Have
a Happy New (caching) Year!

Regards,

Zeke
(ZLA)

Date: Sat, 25 Dec 2010 22:59:03 -0500

Subject: [GeoStL] Re: Merry Christmas SLAGA land

To: geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hi John
and Laurie,

A very Merry Christmas to both of you.

I have a question for you about the New Years Day Cache hike.   I
would like to make the event, but time and health restrictions are going to
keep me from doing any more than perhaps just the first cache in the
park.  Do you have a plan for which cache will be first on the list to
hunt, and what the approximate round trip walking mileage might be?

Thanks.  Hope to see you on the first.  If not, Happy New Year, and
enjoy the snowy day in the woods.

Stay Healthy,

Mark

Sniper1