[GeoStL] Re: New Year

-
Jared,
As the owner of the cache, I want to thank you for removing the knife.  I
appreciate that you did it and, as far as I'm concerned, you did the right
thing.

In the past, I've removed razorblade knives, box cutters, and various
assorted weapons and sharp objects from caches.  Additionally, I've removed
(and destroyed) obsene material (no I didn't keep it).  Since we have no
control as to who will find the cache next, I feel, as reponsible cacher, I
have the responsibility to keep the caches 'kid' friendly and as safe as
possible.  I know a lot of families who cache together and, usually, the
kids race ahead of the parents to get to, and open the cache.  I'd hate for
anyone to get hurt at a cache I own, or to have their kids find material
that I'd be embarrassed to have them see.

Other may disagree, but in this instance, I really don't care what they
think.  We all have a responsibility to keep the caches safe.

Thanks again.  I hadn't read the logs from the weekend yet or I would have
responded off list.

Steve

It's not only the destination but the path you take and the friends you make
along the way

On Mon, Jan 4, 2010 at 8:48 AM, Jared Collier <jcollier74@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> -
> Happy New Year everyone!
> I will be happy to change the subject.  Yesterday C3GPS and I were caching
> in Monroe County and I found a knife in one of the caches.  See GCJF75, i
> posted a picture of the knife in my log.  It was the type you might get at
> state or county fair, very sharp and about a 3 inch blade.  Not a good idea
> in my opinion so I removed it from the cache.
> Anyone have any opinions about this?
>
> Jared Collier
> CardsCacher
>

> On Mon, Jan 4, 2010 at 8:33 AM, Bernie Ver Hey <Happykraut@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
> >wrote:
>
> > -
> > WOW, aren't we off to a nice,  peaceful New Year. First, land ownership
> and
> > now puzzles. Again, Happy New Year, everybody.  Bernie

> >  Missouri Caches Scheduled to be Archived  http://tinyurl.com/87cqw
> >  Missouri Geocaching land policies --> http://tinyurl.com/lgyy84
> >  Missouri Geocachers Forums -->http://mogeo.ipbhost.com/index.php

>  Missouri Geocaching land policies --> http://tinyurl.com/lgyy84