[GeoStL] Re: New Year

  • From: Jim Greene <jimsgreene@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 4 Jan 2010 09:16:49 -0600

-
Sarah & I found a really cool Chinese throwing star which we removed from a
cache. I've had a lot of practice with it and am getting pretty good
throwing it. I've also gotten several knives, scissors and lighters from
caches in urban areas. However, in caches way out in the woods I don't worry
about things like that, I figure anyone who gets out there can handle a
pocket knife properly. If you find something that doesn't belong in or near
a cache, remove it.
Jim

On Mon, Jan 4, 2010 at 8:48 AM, Jared Collier <jcollier74@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> -
> Happy New Year everyone!
> I will be happy to change the subject.  Yesterday C3GPS and I were caching
> in Monroe County and I found a knife in one of the caches.  See GCJF75, i
> posted a picture of the knife in my log.  It was the type you might get at
> state or county fair, very sharp and about a 3 inch blade.  Not a good idea
> in my opinion so I removed it from the cache.
> Anyone have any opinions about this?
>
> Jared Collier
> CardsCacher
>

> On Mon, Jan 4, 2010 at 8:33 AM, Bernie Ver Hey <Happykraut@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
> >wrote:
>
> > -
> > WOW, aren't we off to a nice,  peaceful New Year. First, land ownership
> and
> > now puzzles. Again, Happy New Year, everybody.  Bernie

> >  Missouri Caches Scheduled to be Archived  http://tinyurl.com/87cqw
> >  Missouri Geocaching land policies --> http://tinyurl.com/lgyy84
> >  Missouri Geocachers Forums -->http://mogeo.ipbhost.com/index.php

>  Missouri Geocaching land policies --> http://tinyurl.com/lgyy84