[GeoStL] Re: National Forest also needs to be clairified-the 3 finders did not bookmark a cache in a NF-RE: Re: Island cache!

  • From: "Jim Bensman" <junkmailno@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 3 Jan 2010 19:10:14 -0600

-
Yep, you are right I have not opted in.  Rule 1 makes it much easier for
some and much more difficult for others.  I did not opt in because of Rule
1-it did not seem like a fair "challenge" and mostly because I did not want
to have to go benchmarking to qualify (you enjoy it-I don't-I enjoy finding
caches).  But if Rule 1 is being enforced like Rule 5 (i.e., not enforced),
let me know, I will opt in. :) "5. at least one cache must be in a National
Forest" is not an issue of my or your definition.  What is in a National
Forest is black and white-it is not a subjective requirement.  The
requirement is not "at least one cache must be in an area Google Maps shows
as National Forest."  IMHO, if you are not going to enforce rule 5, the
cache page should indicate it is not being enforced and let people know what
they actually have to do to qualify.  If Rule 5 is not enforced, Rule 1
should not be enforced :) -or at least provide a means to do the challenge
without having to find lots of benchmarks.

Jim Bensman
"Nature Bats Last"

from this