[GeoStL] Re: National Forest also needs to be clairified-the 3 finders did not bookmark a cache in a NF-RE: Re: Island cache!

  • From: "CribbageWitch" <VelyneTarlos@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 4 Jan 2010 11:12:15 -0600

-
IMHO, caches are placed by cachers who enjoy finding that type of caches.
There are a great number of caches out there.  There are several types of
caches (traditional, multi, puzzle, etc).  There are ratings as to terrain
(1.0 to 5.0).  There are ratings as to difficulty (1.0 to 5.0).  The
difficulty ratings relate to solving, locating, and retrieving the cache.
It is up to the cache HUNTER to decide what type of cache he or she wishes
to attempt.  I enjoy certain types of terrains and containers.  I enjoy
different types of ratings depending of circumstances.  I do not need or
want, and other cachers do not need or want, any one individual dictating
what type of caches they are offered to hunt.  If an individual places a
cache, it is up to him or her to set the rules as long as they do not break
geocaching protocol.  If a hunter wants to hunt, it is up to him or her to
decide what caches to hunt and to simply avoid the ones they do not want to
hunt.  Geocaching is a democracy not a dictatorship.  Hunt what you want and
shut the ---- up.

from this