[GeoStL] Re: NGR- saving trees

  • From: Roger Barnes <rogbarn@xxxxxx>
  • To: geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 04 Jan 2004 09:37:41 -0600

-
Jen Guyer wrote:

> Roger, I heard you talked to my friend Danl in Wichita :). Hope you enjoy
> the music!

To provide some background for those interested:

Who reads those little tags lines that people put after their names?  I
rarely do and I suspect most people are the same.  For some reason, I
noticed that Jen had placed a reference to the Appalachian Christmas
Quartet.  It sounded interesting so I when I thought of it next (maybe a
week later), I looked up their web site.  It sounded even better, so
maybe two weeks later, I got around to ordering one of their CDs.  By
then it was probably a week or 10 days before Christmas.  A few days
later, much to my surprise, I got a phone call from the person handling
my order.  He wanted to know if I needed the CD in time for Christmas.
Oh no, I said, it was just for me and he didn't need to go out of his
way to hurry it on its way.  He explained that he had run out of CDs and
wouldn't get any more until he want to their big Christmas concert the
next night.  Still OK, I said, I had just found out about them and liked
their music and just wanted to hear their CD.  He said it was curious
that I had sent in my order from St. Louis (they are based in Wichita,
Kansas) because they had someone who comes down every year specifically
for their concert.  I said I was curious to know who it was because I
had found out about them thru a tag line on a geocaching list in St.
Louis.  Of course, I was prepared to have to explain geocaching.
Instead, he said "Oh, then you know Jen!".  Well, that's the long story
of how I talked with Jen's friend on the phone and got a wonderful
Christmas CD in the process.

Thanks Jen!

Roger

if anyone is curious enough, check out the Appalachian Christmas Quartet
at http://www.appalachianquartet.com
Subject field