[GeoStL] Re: NGR: Finding Bigfoot

  • From: "tnsl" <sydstyr@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 26 Sep 2007 16:35:51 -0500

-
Yeah .. that's right. WHAT was I thinking.. HOW could I confuse -baga with -barb. Oh wait.. let me think... both are able to produce icky shivers in a single bite.

I can't believe you guys LIKE those things. Eeeewww . We had them at Muldoons in Munising-- voted NUMBER ONE pasty in all of daUP. (Everything in the UP has a #1 designation of some kind.) The sweet ones filled with a half bushel of apples and several pounds of sugar weren't too bad. The crust was awesome. Ate the crust and then used the filling, which still held the crescent shape on it's own, independent of the crust, as a tie out weight for big yellow dog. Worked like a charm.

We had Wal-Mart chemical infused rib-eyes cooked on an open flame, Keweenaw Mountain Lodge steak and a variety sandwhiches and food from crockpots in Copper Harbor. "The" place to eat in EagleHarbor was closed. That was ok because we were full from the single can of soda and bag of coconut haystacks split 4 ways picked up at the mine LOL. That was just enough energy to fill our pockets full on unusual-to-us lake shore rocks.

We had no idea really what to expect when we headed north, but now I want EVERYONE to vacation along the southern shore of Lake Superior at least once. I think any one of the 4 of us (mean dog included) would go back at any time. Beautiful beaches, friendly people, swarming, biting, flies. .. I may have posted this here .. but .. "the" guy who owns "the" gas station and "the" dive shop in Copper Harbor even offered my husband a job as a snowmobile groomer LOL. He's also "the" groomer boss. They need five and have four -- one is lazy and goes two hours into the trail, sleeps 4 hours and then comes back; and another just can't get the hang of parking the finicky grooming machine and every time he pulls over to do something ("rest" or retrieve a casualty) he forgets to park it up hill.If it's not parked up hill then it won't start, so has to call for help. "The" guy assured hubby that you can make a good living at it (they groom 20/24 hours a day) and he would probably, in no time,be "Head Groomer". Of course the Copper Harbor winter population is 24 and this year THREE of those 24 will be students in the one room school house. Usually, if someone brings their camper to stay in he can hook them up with a spot to park it, otherwise, someone is usually glad to rent a cabin and most prices include enough wood to last the winter.

There were some awesome caches up there that got us out to points that we would never have found all on our own. We were surprised at the several that were also placed on private property one had a ROT 13 message of "Geocachers Permitted" under the "No Trespassing Signs."

Nancy

----- Original Message ----- From: "Weymouth" <wey6567@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>