[GeoStL] NGR: Canon Digital Cam Software Question

  • From: Greg Ponder <thehairyhillbilly@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: slaga <geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 20 Jan 2004 13:35:42 -0800 (PST)

Lead in information:

1. I have a Canon ZR45 MC digital camcorder that can also shoot digital stills.

2. My hard drive bit the dust last week.

3. I had a backup of my Canon folder in the programs folder. By this I mean, I
had copied the program files onto a backup CD.

4. I replaced the Canon folder from this backup CD and all its contents in the
programs folder on my new hard drive.

5. I downloaded a driver from Canon's website. The ZoomBrowser software is not
available to download off the internet, just the drivers for the respective
Canon cameras.

6. No matter what I try I always get an "abnormal program termination" message
when I try to open the Canon ZoomBrowser software. Am I missing an extension
that the original CD installed deep in the system folder?

7. For the life of me, I cannot find the original software CD to restore the
original files.

What, oh what, is a poor hillbilly to do?

Can anyone help me? Any suggestions at all? I really don't want to have to pay
Canon for software that I've already purchased (but misplaced). I've contacted
Canon by email and purchasing the software was the only help they offered.

Thank ye,

Greg Ponder...The Hairy Nondigi Photo Capable Hillbilly