[GeoStL] Re: NGR Camping Question

  • From: "Mike Griffin" <griff@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 25 Aug 2005 09:29:27 -0500

I have no idea where you heard that... It is suppose to be .5 miles from any
state park or private campground. All state parks have walk-in sites for
backpackers free of charge. There are some areas that are off limits such as
waterfalls, caves, etc... I have backpacked that route many times and have
camped at the flatrocks just south of Proffit Mountain. I have also camped
about 3/4 of a mile from Johnson Shutins along the creek. My favorite spot is
up by the old reservoir.