[GeoStL] NGR: A question about Camping

  • From: "Susan Ring" <susanmring@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 20 May 2006 10:54:23 -0500

-
My hubby and I are having a "discussion".  My daughter and her best friend
are thinking of going on a camping trip this summer.  Not too far away,
probably some state park.  It is to be a subsitute for the (IMO) insane
senior class trip to Cancun.
Hubby thinks that it is unsafe for 2 girls (18 and 17) to camp by
themselves.  He thinks there are a lot of people drinking and misbehaving in
campgrounds during the summer.  I am sure he is also worried about their
vulnerability to  men in the campgrounds.  Gotta admit, that worries me a
bit as well, but I figure in a crowded campground all they have to do is let
out a big yell to get people's attention.

Both girls are pretty level headed and love the outdoors, so I'm not too
worried about them getting themselves into trouble.  A little worried, yes,
just not TOO worried.

I don't get to camp much, so I told him I would put the question to the
experts.  Sooo, what do you all think? And if you think its OK, do you have
any recommendations about good places for them to go?