[GeoStL] Re: NGR

  • From: "TKLNHL" <sydstyr@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 2 Jan 2004 09:47:20 -0600

-
Have you looked into the community colleges' continuing education programs?
Many courses are offered online and the cost is "relatively" inexpensive.
Here's a page for  St. Louis Community College through Florissant Valley.
It will give you an idea of what is available.  I think we just got a
catalogue /mailer sometime over the holidays.

http://www.activeeducation.com/stlcc/

Not sure if there is an age limit, but if you are paying they will probably
take your $$ -- he might be able to enroll for non-credit.  From what I can
tell it looks like there is a fairly detailed course description with fairly
detailed objectives. There is also a detailed lesson outline.

If taking the class sounds like too much, he might be able to use those
course objectives on his own as a guideline for the order in which things
should be learned. Then, with Chris' suggestion of  google and  buying the
books, perhaps he should be able to start to try and figure things out
himself.  If there's an interest age probably isn't a big factor.

HTH -- some
Nancy