[GeoStL] NCR-Gas prices

  • From: Bernie <happykraut@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 06 Apr 2005 14:28:41 -0500

-
Gas

You guys might really want to pay attention to this as they are now saying that gas is going to hit the $3.00 mark! (Was on the nightly news 3/9/05)

WHERE TO BUY YOUR GAS, THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT TO KNOW.

Gas rationing in the 80's worked even though we grumbled about it. It
might
even be good

for us! The Saudis are boycotting American goods. We should return the
favor.

An interesting thought it to boycott their GAS.

Every time you fill up the car, you can avoid putting more money into
the
coffers of Saudi Arabia. Just buy from gas companies that don't
import their
oil from the Saudis.

Nothing is more frustrating than the feeling that every time I
fill-up the
tank, I am sending

my money to people who are trying to kill me, my family, and my
friends.

I thought it might be interesting for you to know which oil companies
are
the best to buy gas

from and which major companies import Middle Eastern oil :

Shell............................. 205,742,000 barrels

Chevron/Texaco......... 144,332,000 barrels

Exxon /Mobil............... 130,082,000 barrels

Marathon/Speedway... 117,740,000 barrels

Amoco............................ 62,231,000 barrels

If you do the math at $30/barrel, these imports amount to over $18
BILLION!

Here are some large companies that do not import Middle Eastern oil:

Citgo....................... 0 barrels

Sunoco................... 0 barrels

Conoco................... 0 barrels

Sinclair.................... 0 barrels

BP/Phillips.............. 0 barrels

Hess........................ 0 barrels

ARC0. 0 barrels

All of this information is available from the Department of Energy
and each
is required to state where they get their oil and how much they are
importing. But to have an impact, we need to reach literally millions
of gas
buyers.

It's really simple to do. Now, don't wimp out at this point... keep
reading
and I'll explain how simple it is to reach millions of people!!

I'm sending this note to about thirty people.

If each of you send it to at least ten more (30 x 10 = 300)... and
those 300
send it to at least ten more (300 x 10 = 3,000) ... and so on, by the
time
the message reaches the sixth generation of people, we will have
reached
over THREE MILLION consumers!

If those three million get excited and pass this on to ten friends
each,
then 30 million people will have been contacted! If it goes one level
further, you guessed it ... THREE HUNDRED MILLION

PEOPLE!!!

Again, all you have to do is send this to 10 people. How long would
all that
take? If each of us sends this e-mail out to ten more people within
one day,
all 300 MILLION people could conceivably be contacted within the next
eight
days!